A suicide bombing and one other explosion at two mosques on Friday killed at the very least 57 folks and injured greater than 60, police and well being officers in Pakistan stated.
No group has claimed duty for the 2 explosions. Media reported that one in all them led to dozens of individuals changing into trapped below the rubble.
An area well being official, Abdul Rashid, stated the primary explosion occurred within the southwestern province of Baluchistan, killing 52 folks.
Munir Ahmed, a senior police official, stated: “The attacker blew himself up close to a police automobile close to a metropolis mosque the place folks had gathered for a procession.”
The second explosion occurred within the neighboring province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in northwestern Pakistan, killing 5 folks. Geo Information channel reported that the roof of the mosque collapsed because of the explosion and between 30 and 40 folks had been trapped below the rubble.
The 2 provinces lie on the border with Afghanistan and have been the goal of assaults by militants in recent times.
Tv photographs confirmed lots of of individuals serving to to take the injured to ambulances. Abdul Rashid stated at the very least 58 folks had been injured, including that the demise toll might rise as lots of the injured had been in critical situation.
Pakistan has witnessed a rise in assaults by militants since final yr. Final July, greater than forty folks had been killed in a suicide bombing in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province throughout a political rally.
- Gun violence in the US
- The IMF chief is urging governments to boost carbon costs and reduce fossil gasoline subsidies
- UEM Group’s subsidiaries signal a number of agreements at COP28 Dubai
- An Emirati aid ship sails from Fujairah with a capability of 4,000 tons to assist the Palestinian brothers
- Hospitality Profession Course – Your passport to an thrilling worldwide profession
- The Biden administration is unleashing a robust regulatory device aimed toward local weather
- COP28: Requires extra nuclear and fewer ‘damaging’ methane
- America donates $3 billion to the Inexperienced Local weather Fund